Below are some frequently asked questions about the new CPMC Mission Bernal Campus. If you have specific questions, visit our Contact Us page.
- What is being constructed at this site?
California Pacific Medical Center, HerreroBOLDT and the Integrated Project Delivery Team are replacing the current hospital with an acute care facility that will turn into the health care destination for the southern sector of San Francisco. The replacement hospital will be able to withstand a strong earthquake and remain in operation, ensuring access to treatment when patients may need it most.
- How long will construction last?
Structural construction should be completed by the end of 2016, and interior work should be finished by mid-2018. The replacement hospital is scheduled to be fully operational for patient care in 2019.
- What are the general hours of construction?
Typical construction work hours are from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Saturday construction may take place between 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- How do I receive updates on construction activity?
Please sign up for updates to stay informed.
- Will the project be LEED certified?
Sustainable design features will enable Sutter Health CPMC to conserve water and energy at the campus, and the hospital will achieve LEED-certification.
- When complete, what services will be available at the site?
The replacement hospital at the Mission Bernal Campus will provide 120 patient beds in a 215,000-square-foot acute health care facility.
- When complete, will the campus have parking available?
Parking is currently available on San Jose Avenue and Duncan Street, near the Monteagle Medical Center. These spots will remain after the project is complete.
- When complete, will the campus be accessible via public transportation?
The Mission Bernal Campus will be accessible by public transit, and you can plan your trip at www.sfmta.com.
- Are you taking job applications to work on the construction project?
HerreroBOLDT and our Integrated Project Delivery Team have a robust hiring program for San Francisco residents and San Francisco-based businesses. Please complete a trade person interest form or a contractor interest form for job opportunities.
- Whom do I contact if I have more questions about this site?